PARTICULARS ABOUT EXHIBITION SPACE AND RULES AND REGULATION
- Jehangir Art Gallery has two halls suitably equipped for exhibitions of visual arts. The Auditorium Hall has about 2,700 sq. ft. of floor area and has a hanging wall space of approximately 180 running feet. The Exhibition Gallery has a climate control with electronic security system. The floor area is of about 3,700 sq. ft. and has a hanging wall space of about 370 running feet. This gallery is normally divided into three sections. Number One Gallery has 101 running feet of hanging space. Number Two Gallery has 154 running feet of hanging space and Number Three Gallery has 115 running feet of hanging space. The gallery may be hired in full or section-wise.
- On the expiry of the period of booking an account shall be made of the electric power consumed and other incidental charges, which shall be deducted from the deposit. Balance, if any, shall be refunded to the applicant; if the amount is in excess the applicant shall pay the due amount within 15 days from the receipt of the bill, incase of default no further booking will be allotted.
- If at any time it comes to the notice of the Gallery administration that the applicant has made false statements or is likely to transgress any of the rules and regulations relating to the booking of the Gallery, the permission granted to the applicant shall be cancelled forthwith. In such instance, the Gallery will not be liable to refund any fees already paid by the applicant. The decision of the Gallery administration in this respect shall be binding on the applicant.
- The applicant shall not give, transfer, submit or relet any portion of the Gallery or its furniture and fixtures to any other person or organisation. The Committee shall be entitled to remove forthwith any such transferee, and shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever.
- All programmes and procedures conducted by the applicant shall be orderly and lawful. If the Committee apprehends unruly or unlawful behaviour it shall immediately take suitable action and shall not be responsible either for the refund of the fees or for any loss or damage arising therefrom. The Committee also has the right to secure help of police authorities to restore order and to assist the gallery administration to maintain peace.
- Any member of the Committee or Gallery staff or any person authorised by the committee shall have full authority to enter any part of the Gallery during its use by the applicant.
- The applicant shall obtain an entertainment Licence and will also be responsible for the entertainment tax, if applicable for the programme organised by him. The Gallery does not hold itself responsible for the non-compliance of this rule in any manner.